Köln-Stammheim, Ev. Brückenschlag-Gemeinde
Neubau unter Verwendung alter Teile | II/23 | 2013 | Opus 999
The Evangelical-Lutheran congregation of Stammhein-Flittard in Cologne has built a new parish centre, the contract being awarded to the architectural firm of Sauerbruch Hutton in Berlin. The church itself has occupyed an area of 25m by 10m. A screen composed of multi-coloured wooden slats is erected in front of the wall behind the altar. The new organ has been installed behind this screen. There is thus no organ case as such and the sound radiates through the slats.
The Stahlhut organ of 1961 has been removed from the old church. The windchests, together with the pipework, have been throughly renovated and are reused. The following changes to the specification have optimised the tonal palette:
- Holzpommer 16' to became Bordun 16' (re-voicing, higher cut-ups)
- This Bordun 16' stands on a separate chest and is available on Hauptwerk and Pedal by transmission
- Oktave 2' (HW) and Waldflöte 2' (SW) have been exchanged
- New Salicional 8' on Englisch Gamba 8' slide
- New Schwebung 8' from C13 on Scharf 5f slide
- New Quinte 2 2/3' in place of Sifflet 1'
- Re-voicing of Untersatz 16' to Subbas 16'
- New Cello 8' on Rauschpfeife 3f slide
- New Oboe 8' in place of Dulzian 8'
The organ is has a new mobile console with electric action and a new, stable wind system.
I. Hauptwerk C-a3
- Bordun 16'
- Prinzipal 8'
- Rohrflöte 8'
- Oktave 4'
- Quinte 2 2/3'
- Oktave 2'
- Mixtur 4f
- Trompete 8'
II. Schwellwerk C-a3
- Holzgedackt 8'
- Gambe 8'
- Schwebung ab c0 8'
- Prinzipal 4'
- Rohrflöte 4'
- Sesquialter 2f. 2 2/3'
- Waldflöte 2'
- Quintflöte 1 1/3''
- Oboe 8'
- Subbass 16'
Bordun 16' Transmission aus HW
- Offenbass 8'
- Cello 8'
- Choralbass 4'
- Posaune 16'
- Trompete 8'